We are pleased to introduce our own stock screener. You can access it here and use it for free. A stock screener is a tool to filter stocks based on various technical and fundamental criteria.
At techpaisa, you can filter stocks based on following technical criteria:
- Near 200 SMA: If current stock price is within 1% range of 200 Day Simple Moving Average. Same filter for 20 and 50 Day SMA.
- Above/Below 200 SMA: If current stock price is above/below 200 DAY SMA. Same filter for 20 and 50 Day SMA.
- RSI Oversold/Overbought: If RSI is indicating that stock is oversold/overbought.
- MACD Bullish/Bearish Crossover: See here to know about MACD.
- MACD Bullish/Bearish Centerline Crossover
- Bollinger Bands squeezing/squeezed: See this tutorial to understand bollinger bands.
- ADX Trending: See here to know about ADX. It's a measure whether a stock is trending or not.
Following fundamental criteria are supported:
- Sector: You can use this filter to compare stocks from a given sector.
- P/E (Price-to-Earnings Ratio): If you use this filter, stocks are sorted in increasing P/E ratio, which means that cheap stocks come first. Moreover, we also make sure that last 3 quarters of the stock have been positive Earning Per Share.
- Traded in Futures: Whether futures for that stock are traded are not.
- Promoter Shareholding: More the promoter shareholding, better the stock.
- Absolute beta: View this tuorial for a brief introduction of beta.
- Market Capital: Filter high market capital stocks usign this filter.
Our stock screener can be used in many interesting ways. We list some of the screens which we find interesting:
- Stocks near 200 SMA and above 200 SMA and above 50 SMA and above 20 SMA and traded in futures: This screen filters all stocks above 200 Day SMA, 50 SMA and 20 SMA and which are close to 200 SMA. Stocks above 200 SMA, 50 SMA and 20 SMA are considered to be in an uptrend. And when a stock in uptrend comes near 200 SMA, then 200 SMA acts as a strong support for that stock and it is a good time to go long in that stock. Similarly, you can use this screener to find stocks in a downtrend and near 200 SMA. You can even apply ADX trending filter to refine the results.
- Stocks with Cheap P/E and in education: This screener will give you all stocks in Education sector with cheap price-to-earnings ratio. We suggest whenever you apply P/E filter, you should choose a sector because P/E ratio of two stocks from different sectors can't be compared.
Please let us know if you have any more suggestions for filters.
Stay tuned for latest updates:
- Subscribe to our RSS feed
- Subscribe by Email
- Friend us on Facebook
- Add us on Google+
- Follow @techpaisa
Comments for this post are closed.